Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Effective Academic Writing: Returning to the Conversation

A couple of years ago I embarked on a career change. I felt that my PhD wasn't offering me the opportunities that I wanted to be truly generative. I felt that I learned a lot (A LOT) both in an academic and non-academic (just life) sense, but that it was time to move on.

Since then, I have continued to be engaged in the research world - and hope that flame continues to burn strong. I have also started a tutoring and online learning company called NBE Education.

I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to share what I have learned over these past 10 years on the topics of psychology, stress, health, and learning.

One of the things that I have found myself focusing on a lot when I tutor university-level students is academic writing (the other is statistics). I think that writing is something that many of us struggle with, especially in academe, which is bound by very strict rules regarding 1) what you can say, and 2) how you can say it.

To help people out with their writing, and encourage students to write their brilliance (tell the world!) I have created an online course that goes through some of the nitty-gritty of academic writing. The course isn't really designed for the first-time academic writer; it's for people who have written college-level papers before, but feel like they just aren't where they need to be. Maybe you feel like you somehow still can't seem to get your message across. Maybe you feel like you struggle with some basic issues such as how to write a good introduction, how to close you paper in the conclusion. If any of these apply, this course is for you!

Usually this course costs $35. But, given that I want as many people as possible to benefit from this information, I am giving away 20 coupons FREE.  After those 20 coupons are gone, you can get the course through this link for only $7!

If you don't want to spend the money I have also started a YouTube channel where I share some tips and tricks about academic writing, and will be sharing and posting more videos on more topics in the future.

I am so excited to be embarking on this new phase, and hope that you will stay with me throughout this transition!

Thank you to everybody who has followed me for all theses years, and here's to many more!

Peace & Blessings,

Nadine




No comments:

Post a Comment